The European Affairs Unit is responsible for coordinating the formulation of the Ministry’s position on the various EU policies that fall under its competence.
Moreover, the Unit is in charge of:
- Preparing the Minister’s participation to the various council formations, in which the Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry has the responsibility to represent the Republic of Cyprus.
- Competitiveness Council (Internal Market and Industry)
- Foreign Affairs Council (Trade Formation)
- Transport, Telecommunications and Energy Council (Energy)
- Coordinating the formulation of the positions of the Ministry and its Departments, for participation in Council Working Groups and other EU Committees/Bodies.
- Monitoring and coordinating the implementation and transposition of EU Directives and Regulations.
- Horizontal coordination of Internal Market issues in Cyprus.
- Participating in the Single Market Enforcement Task Force.